The European Spring Alive season for Europe and Central Asia and for the first time in Albania is over. It is time to say goodbye Barn Swallows, which are beginning to gather before their annual migration trip.
This year pupils of some Albanian primary schools and other pupils from 55 countries, part of Spring Alive Progarmme observe and record the arrival of 5 migratory bird species each year: White Stork Barn Swallow, Common Swift, Common Cuckoo and Eurasian Bee-eater. Swallows and other migration birds will start their journey from Europe ti South Africa, Sahara, Arabia and in Indian sub-continent.
This season was positive for the whole countries involved in Spring Alive Programme and according to the annual report for year 2016, which is prepared by Spring Alive International:
- Nearly 90,000 children and adults actively engaged in Spring Alive season in Europe and Central Asia this year.
- Almost 5 million people reached with Spring Alive message through variety of channels and actions.
- Nearly 600 Spring Alive outdoor and indoor events held in many European and Central Asian countries.
- Just nearly 300 direct conservation actions taken by children, schools and communities as a result of the project.
- At least 2008 schools incorporated the Spring Alive idea into their curricula.