Press release, 20 Jun 2015
Open call for Project Coordination
For the Balkan Wetlands Programe
PPNEA is currently seeking a highly motivated wildlife expert to coordinate the activities conducted in Divjake –Karavasta National Park. We offer the chance to work on a diverse and dynamic range of environmental activities of the project within the region. The primary responsibility of the coordinator will be to ensure effective implementation of the different activities in the frame of the Program: "Wetland Management and Dalmatian Pelican Conservation in the Mediterranean Basin".
General Description of the Job:
- To ensure the necessary services for the continuous implementation of the activities of the project in a timely manner.
- Prepare a detailed work plan based on the activities of the project and ensure its correct implementation.
- Prepare technical and administrative report according to the work plan or when requested by PPNEA.
- Engage in field trips to collect the needed information for the implementation of the activities of the project and PPNEA in timely manner.
- According to the needs act as a trainer in education programs organized by PPNEA.
- Maintains and updates data bases for different studies that will be conducted in the area.
Minimum Qualifications/Experience Required for this Position:
- At least a post graduate university degree (MSc or equivalent) in biology, ecology, environmental and or related life sciences.
- Fluent in English and Albanian (written and spoken).
- Strong Professional verbal and written communication skills, good time management and organizational skills.
- Good comand of Microsoft office package.
- Previous experience in working with project implementation (preferably in nature conservation) will be considered an advantage.
How to apply
The coordinator is a full-time position, working mainly in the PPNEA office with frequent field trips in Divjaka-Karavasta. To apply, please send a motivation letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org