- The contest is organized by BirdLife International.
- This contest is open to teachers and informal educators that are engaged with their group(s) of children in the Spring Alive activities.
- Entrants must carry out classes for schoolchildren in any form (remote/virtual lessons, classroom or outdoor lessons or a blended form of activities) in the framework of the 2021 Spring Alive leading theme: “How should we protect bird nests?”. There should be not less than 10 students engaged in the activities submitted to the contest.
To participate in the contest entrants must submit a description of conducted classes to PPNEA. The activities should be easily identified as the Spring Alive events.
A description should be provided in an electronic format, such as for example a PDF file or a PowerPoint presentation or video and must explain an idea of the classes, present activities that have been implemented and the results achieved. Photos, children’s works, lesson scenario and other materials showing results of lessons are highly expected to be included in the entry.
PPNEA will forward any entries it receives to the International Spring Alive Manager.
The judging panel will consist of:
- Duration and closing date: Entries must be submitted between 1st of March and 21st of June 2021.
- Each entrant can submit only one entry.
- The entrant is required to provide the following data: the entrant’s full name, address and phone number, the name of the school or the institution the teacher works for, the postal address for correspondence.
- Submitting an entry means that entrants agree that their personal data may be used by BirdLife International.
- Excluded from the contest are: employees of organizations which coordinate the Spring Alive campaign, and the families of these employees.
- Karolina Kalinowska – International Spring Alive Manager
- Shane Sparg – Conservation Partnership Manager, Stichting BirdLife Europe
- Selected personnel of HeidelbergCement office.
The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process or the decisions of the judges. The organizers reserve the right to appoint substitute and/or additional judges should they, at their sole discretion, deem this necessary.
place: a microscope
place: a telescope
place: a bird guide
place: a bird guide
The organizers reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable value and/or to amend the prizes should they, at their sole discretion, deem this necessary.
The results of the contest will be published on www.springalive.net
of July 2021. The winners of the contest will be also informed about their prize in a separate email by PPNEA.
By entering this contest, entrants agree that BirdLife International and PPNEA have the right to publish, in any format, works submitted for the contest.
Send your application at the address [email protected]