PPNEA is looking to hire a project assistant.
Specific tasks include:
- To assist in the implementation of field activities and in wildlife monitoring and study.
- To help in the collection and maintenance of data obtained in the field, depending on the study undertaken;
- To ensure the keeping of minutes of meetings/seminars, when necessary.
- To provide general support for the implementation of the projects, based on the strategy defined by the Projects Managers.
- Contribute to the design or implementation of the communication plans of the projects where will be engaged, including preparation/editing/translation of various communication materials.
- To help the projects managers in planning or monitoring the budget, and the activities defined in the project, at the same time ensuring the smooth running of the project.
- To maintain regular contact with the parties involved in the project activities, ensuring proper and timely communication with experts, partners, organizations, or other relevant institutions for the successful implementation of the project.
Criteria and skills required:
- To have higher education in fields relevant to the environment (environmental or natural sciences, biology, biochemistry, environmental engineering, etc.); experience in studies or interdisciplinary sciences will be considered as further advantages.
Terms of reference
- Ability to work in the field and travel independently in the respective areas where the projects are being implemented.
- Skills and experience in supporting with organizing meetings, conferences, and other similar events.
- Ability to create and ensure good relations with the involved parties of interest (local, national partners, or donors) or with people from different nationalities, religions, cultural/professional backgrounds, and genders.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a team and in a dynamic environment and time management;
- Skills and knowledge in using the Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of WordPress and the Adobe package is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with nature conservation and environmental protection; the use of GIS, SPSS, etc. applications is an advantage.
- Type B driving license and experience in driving in mountainous areas is an advantage.
- This position is located near the PPNEA office in Tirana, including frequent travel or movement to PPNEA’s focus areas in Albania.
- Interested candidates should send by e-mail in pdf format, a CV in English and a letter of motivation (maximum two pages) in English, describing their interest in the position; a copy of their qualifications/diploma and English language proficiency certificate; letters of recommendation or references are an advantage.
The deadline to apply for the position of Project Assistant is September 30, 2022
. The CV and accompanying documents must be sent to the email address [email protected]
, under the subject “Project Assistant Application” within the specified deadline. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by 10 October