PPNEA is looking to hire a Project Coordinator and Fauna Specialist.
- Coordination and implementation of activities in the framework of the projects.
- Assistance in the field activities of PPNEA, for wildlife monitoring and research;
- Lobbying at the local and national level for the protection of fauna, as well as contributing to the implementation of public hearings, seminars, and conferences related to wildlife.
- Implementation of the work plan and activity indicators for projects and the preparation of short reports for the partners.
Criteria and skills required:
- Minimum MSc/MA Degree in fields related to environmental and nature protection. Additional qualifications (Ph.D., postgraduate training, etc.) and/or experience in interdisciplinary projects will be considered advantages.
Terms of references:
- At least 5 years of work experience, in the field of nature conservation and biodiversity, similar to the tasks described above;
- Knowledge and experience in wildlife monitoring practices and methods;
- Ability to organize workshops and meetings;
- Ability to perform field work and willingness to travel nationally and regionally;
- Very good communication skills with interested parties, both local but also with project partners and donors;
- Knowledge of project cycle management with a focus on planning, process facilitation, networking, monitoring, and reporting;
- Very good knowledge of the English language, in writing and communication;
- Ability to work in a team, time management, and coordination skills;
- Ability to write quality scientific projects and reports/articles;
- Knowledge of various computer programs, mainly GIS;
- Ability to travel independently to work areas,
- Type B driving license and experience in driving in mountainous areas.
- This position is based in the PPNEA office in Tirana, including frequent travel or movement to PPNEA focus areas in Albania.
- Interested candidates should send an e-mail in pdf format, containing a CV in English and a letter of motivation, (maximum two pages) in English, describing your interest in the position, two letters of recommendation, a certificate of English language proficiency, and a copy of qualifications/diplomas.
The deadline to apply for the position of Project Coordinator is September 30
, 2022. The CV and accompanying documents must be sent to the email address [email protected]
, under the subject “Project Coordinator Application”,
within the specified deadline. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by 10 October