PrespaNet, an environmental network of NGOs working for Prespa, was established on 29th March 2013, following a joint agreement between the Macedonian Ecological Society (MES), the Association for the Protection and Preservation of Natural Environment in Albania (PPNEA), and the Society for the Protection of Prespa (SPP). This network emphasizes that cooperation of civil society is essential for an integrated management of the Prespa lakes’ basin and these three organizations have taken a step forward and committed themselves towards safeguarding the unique natural and cultural heritage of the Prespa region, and at the same time promoting sustainable socio-economic development.
After successfully implementing the first 3-year transboundary project in the Prespa basin, PrespaNet will be implementing the continuation (the second phase of the Project) “The Prespa Project” for the next 3 years February 2021- January 2024 in the Transboundary Prespa Basin. PPNEA following their partners’ experiences established their local office on 6th of February 2020 based in Dolna Gorica / Gorice e Vogel – Pustec Municipality.
PPNEA will contract a Local Office Assistant to support the Local office coordinator in the day-to-day work, and the overall project implementation on the site, including fieldwork activities.
PPNEA is looking for a young, enthusiastic and communicative individual, residing in the Prespa-Korca region, willing to work in a dynamic environment, both in the local office and on the field alongside the Local Office Coordinator and the PPNEA team. The desired candidate would preferably have a degree in environmental sciences, or have previous training or knowledge on ornithology and/or mammalogy, as he/she is expected to participate, and when necessary, organize fieldwork monitoring activities for these components, under the supervision of PPNEA Experts team.
Criterions that need to be met:
- He/she will be working in PPNEAs Local Office based in Dolna Gorica/Gorice e Vogel;
- He/she will work on a day-to-day basis in close cooperation with the PPNEA Local Office Coordinator and while also communicating with the Project Manager in Tirana, and exchange information on a regular basis;
- He/she will assist the Local Office Coordinator and PPNEA team working on the field to coordinate locally the activities that PPNEA/PrespaNet organizes in Prespa, in close collaboration with Prespa National Park administration, as well as other local stakeholders in the region;
- He/she will help in coordination and engaging the interested students and volunteers;
- He/she will assist on coordinating and implementing projects on site by: (i) Offering support and coordination for fieldwork monitoring activities in Prespa, such as Wildlife and Habitat Monitoring, Transboundary activities, etc. (ii) Offering support and assistance to implement communication and education activities in Prespa;
- He/she will be responsible for the maintenance of the local office equipment and the local office spaces;
- He/she will be responsible for keeping the records of local travel documentation and receipts.
- Be a resident of the Korca region, ideally based in the Prespa basin.
- University degree in Environmental or Natural sciences, or have previous knowledge or training on ornithology or mammalogy.
- Good knowledge of English language, knowledge of Macedonian language is an asset
- Adequate computer literacy. Knowledge of statistical and analytical software (SPSS, GIS, etc.) is an asset.
- Have a Driving License
- Previous work experience working with NGOs or the environmental field is an advantage
All the individuals who are interested to apply for this position should send a CV
and a brief cover letter,
to [email protected]
and [email protected]
, and state in the email application the name “Application for the position of Local Office Assistant for Prespa’’.
The deadline for application is 29th January 2021.